[Qgis-user] creating a python plugin to autopopulate some of the Georeferencer properties

Eric Goddard egoddard1010 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 10:36:42 PDT 2016

Thanks Nathan, looking forward to 2.16 :)

In the meantime I'm working on a plugin similar to the ArkPlan
georeferencer (using the GeorefGraphicsView from ArkPlan) , but I'm
going to temporarily use the hacky solution until I can get that
finished, which brings me to my next question:

If I I iterate over iface.rasterMenu().actions() and print each item's
objectName, the only ones that show up are
mActionShowRasterCalculator, mActionShowAlignRasterTool, and settings;
the rest are empty strings. If I print each item's text, I get the
menu text for each submenu on the rasterMenu, so the Georeferencer
shows up as "&Georeferencer". How do I access the actions on the
submenus within the rasterMenu()?

Just out of curiosity I did the same iteration over
iface.rasterMenu().children(), which lists only one QMenu object
(Terrain Analysis).

Thanks for all of the feedback!
Eric