[Qgis-user] Function deprecated

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:56:08 PDT 2016

Hi,
        I am writing a plugin to style a set of layers and I am getting a
message of deprecation on QGIS 2.14

I read the documentation but I was honestly not able to decipher it.  Can
somebody give me a pointer on how the following *bold* lines of code would
change?

*symbolList = layer.rendererV2().symbols()*...

linkMeta = symLyrReg.instance().symbolLayerMetadata('SimpleMarker')
link = linkMeta.createSymbolLayer(linkStyle)
link.setDataDefinedProperty('angle', 'if ("Dirn" =1,90,270)')
*link.setDataDefinedProperty('size', 'if ("Dirn" = 1,1.8,if ("Dirn" =

Thanks,

Pedro