[Qgis-user] Printed map scale question

Sarah Gregg lynkosmail at gmail.com
Fri May 6 04:49:42 PDT 2016

Here I am back again with what may well be a very simple question (though
perhaps with a negative answer).
I have digitalised a zoning map on a 1:25,000 base (for Italian readers,
IGM 1:25,000). So far so good. Now I have to render the results in a
clearly legible high resolution image for printing.
To display the full map on the screen, I have to set the scale at 1:185.000
and obviously if I create an image file at this scale using the Composer,
even if I set the resolution high, the base map is scarsely legible.
Is there any way I can get an image of the whole map at, say, 1:75000...
apart from creating a whole series of image files and then joining them
together using image processing software?
Many thanks for your advice, Sarah.