[Qgis-user] Projection / Custom CRS help

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Sun May 8 21:06:36 PDT 2016

Hi QGISer's,
I've got some data acquired in Australia in 1967. The acquisition reports
mention a false easting and northing and a TM projection.
I'm assuming TM means Transverse Mercator.
It's early 1967 data and doesn't mention AGD66 anywhere. However a some of
the reference docs mention measurements in yards and feet.

All of the historical analysis of the data that I can find dates back to
the early 1980's and late 1970's and these all assume AGD66.

I would like to be able to create a custom CRS that I can load the original
data into (or a smaller portion of it) to confirm that the data has been
transformed over the years correctly.

Is anyone familiar with pre-AGD66 projections in Australia and any idea how
I'd go down this road?

Thanks
Matt