[Qgis-user] desperately needing help on QGIS server

Víctor Manuel Herreros Villanueva vherreros at ucm.es
Thu May 12 07:16:09 PDT 2016

Kuan,

Have you tried to follow the link Nicolas put? I don't use VMWare but my
system runs under Ubuntu 12.04 desktop, the procedure I followed was the
one in that link and everything is fine. The link to
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
on my system returns the appropriate response.

My link to http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi returns a different
error:

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0">
<ServiceException code="Service configuration error">Service unknown or
unsupported</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

but this is due to the fact I use LizMap <http://www.3liz.com/lizmap.html>
software in order to show the QGIS projects to my users.

The errors you get are the typical ones deriving from a misconfigured
Apache server, these are not errors returned from QGIS server but from
Apache. Try to locate the Apache error.log file and see what their contests
suggset you.

Best regards.

boisteault at observatoire-environnement.org>:

> Hi,
>
> You should follow this documentation :
> http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_server_support.html
>
> ---
>
> Nicolas BOISTEAULT
> Développeur Web/WebSIG
> Observatoire Régional de l'Environnement
> Téléport 4 Antarès  - BP 50163 - 86962 Futuroscope Chasseneuil Cedex
> Tél : 05 49 49 71 18
>

> Le 2016-05-12 11:22, Kuan Song a écrit :
>
> Dear QGIS community,
>
> I hope to seek your help on how to deploy the QGIS Server on a ubuntu
> vmware instance.
> The QGIS server official guide is what I followed. It does not work!!!
> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/QGIS_Server_Tutorial
>
> 1. After I typed in firefox:
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>
> this is what I got:
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi was not found on this server.
> Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80
>
> 2. I made a QGIS project file with 1 shapefile in it, and put the project
> file and shapefile in /usr/lib/cgi-bin, as demonstrated in QGIS Server on
> Ubuntu Step-by-step
> <https://anitagraser.com/2012/03/30/qgis-server-on-ubuntu-step-by-step/>
>
> <https://anitagraser.com/2012/03/30/qgis-server-on-ubuntu-step-by-step/>
>
>   QGIS Server on Ubuntu Step-by-step
> This post summarizes my notes about installing QGIS Server on Ubuntu,
> adding a QGIS project file to the server a...
>

> then I typed in firefox:
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi
> <http://10.101.21.28/cgi-bin/vienna/qgis_mapserv.fcgi>
> <http://10.101.21.28/cgi-bin/vienna/qgis_mapserv.fcgi> I still got this
> response:
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi was not found on this server.
> Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80
>
> I do not understand what went wrong or where can I get the right advice,
> as the QGIS server documentation is highly rare, and frankly dubious.
>
> I really love the stated feature of QGIS server: just place a QGIS project
> on a server, and users can see the contents with any web browser. Could
> someone in the community help me achieve this?
>
> And to the QGIS developers: please consider writing your documentation
> with more details and pictures. And it'll be much more helpful to include
> an executable readme/setup program in the QGIS server distribution, so that
> us users can have some clue. Thank you!

<http://www.ucm.es/> *Universidad Complutense de Madrid*
<http://www.ucm.es/>
*Víctor Manuel Herreros Villanueva*, PhD.
Intelligence Technical Service Deputy Director

*Facilities ManagementData Warehouse*
Centro de Proceso de Datos
Av. Complutense s/n
28040 Madrid