[Qgis-user] Population genetics data depicted with QGIS

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu May 19 08:04:51 PDT 2016

Hi,
Look at online documentation for the Qgis project.  There are many PDFs including a Gentle introduction to GIS. YouTube can be a good friend.
It can all be done.  Qgis can import the txt file using the layer/add layer/add delimited text layer.  You will need to know what CRS (coordinate reference system) to set for the project (probably wgs84 epsg 4326).  Depending no the look of the final map and the type of data, you will probably use a heatmap (layer property/style/heatmap).
Good luck( you may need it at first)!
Write back for more info if needed.
Nicolas