[Qgis-user] Cannot install new or upgrade existing plugins

Andrew Martin andrewmartin001 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 00:49:12 PDT 2016

I have tried to install a plugin opeNoise and have received the error
message

“Plugin installation failed:connection refused”

I have now found that the same problem is present when I try to upgrade
existing installed plugins or install any additional plugin

I’m running QGIS Essen 2.14.3 on a Windows 7 laptop. I have tried turning
off my firewall and connecting though a different ISP

The same issue is also present on a different  Windows 7 laptop running
Essen 2.14.2

Any suggestions much appreciated