[Qgis-user] Auto-fill id in attribute table when creating a feature

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 31 05:04:00 PDT 2016

Hi Simon,

It is a bit data provider dependent. For many data providers (e.g.
Postgis, SpatiaLite, Geopackage) you just don't fill in this value (or
better set the edit widget to "read only") - provided that the database
has a sequence defined for the primary key column. The values are filled
in when saving the data. In 2.16 there is a new mode for PostgreSQL to
immediately get the id value (experimental).

What data format are you using?

Greetings,

Andreas