[Qgis-user] Editing a Postgis view

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:22:35 PST 2016

On 17 Nov 2016 12:54 AM, "Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.)" <
carlo.bertelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ciao Andrea,
> by default Postgresql views are read only. Even the simplest view made in
Postgresql needs a rule to be updated.

That's not quite correct. Recent versions of postgres make simple views
editable.
See

https://www.depesz.com/2012/12/11/waiting-for-9-3-support-automatically-updatable-views/

Nyall

After writing a statement for a view, just take the habit of writing the
rules for insert, update, delete.
> Please read the chapter on the Rule System in the Postgresql Reference
Manual for the instructions.