[Qgis-user] Ubuntu 16.10 "yakkety" dist in QGIS debian/ubuntu repository?

George Roth George.Roth at npolar.no
Thu Oct 13 23:50:16 PDT 2016

Hi there,

I upgraded to Ubuntu 16.10 yesterday and noticed there's no 'yakkety' dist in the QGIS debian repository for me to download QGIS 2.16.3. I figured I could get around it by adding the 'xenial' repository from the last version, but APT was not happy:

qgis:
Depends: libgdal.so.1-1.11.3  but it is not installable
Depends: libgdal1i (>=1.8.0) but it is not installable
Depends: libgeos-c1v5 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgsl2 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqgis-analysis2.16.3 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqgis-app2.16.3 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqgis-core2.16.3 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqgis-gui2.16.3 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqgis-networkanalysis2.16.3 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: python-qgis but it is not going to be installed
Depends: qgis-providers but it is not going to be installed
Depends: qgis-common but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: qgis-plugin-grass but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: qgis-provider-grass but it is not going to be installed

Any word from the packaging team on when 16.10 packages will be available, or safe workarounds in the meantime? It looks like 2.14.5 is now in the main Ubuntu 16.10 repository so at least I'm not dead in the water with an ancient version.

Thanks,
-George