[Qgis-user] inconsistenty when calculating area depending on file type or projection?

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:47:09 PDT 2016

And light was done!

Objective: to get planimetric-UTM-my-zone areas, in square Km, from a
LatLong layer, just at one step: in Fields calculator

area( transform( $geometry,'EPSG:4326', 'EPSG:32717' ))/1000000

Sorry, I was wrong for years, reprojecting layers; deactivating OTF SRC;
and using $area function: It happens when you don't read help in front of
you and don't try "new" functions.

Carlos