[Qgis-user] csv/csvt import

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Sat Oct 29 01:18:57 PDT 2016

Hi,

I tried to use csv/csvt files to add Delimited Text Layer.
The widths of the fields are not considered by QGIS when saving into other
formats. In the layer properties dialog the width and precision of fields
are zeros after loading csv/csvt. I suppose the width and precision of
fields should be preserved after reading of csv/csvt files.

I tested it in QGIS 2.2/2.8/2.14 but I got maximal width for fields
(depending on the field type, character 254, float 23.15) when I save the
file as a shapefile.

My csvt file:
"String(20)","Real(11.2)","Real(11.2)","Real(7.2)","String(20)","String(20)"

My csv file:
point_id,e,n,z,pc,pt
2002,650769.92,237368.68,104.560,,
2004,650730.28,237418.54,104.520,,