[Qgis-user] qgsRelationReferenceWidget

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 05:35:30 PDT 2016

Matthias;
Ooop's I forgot to add that I was building the form in Qt Designer and not
from within QGIS, although with this information is really good and is
showing me things I didn't quite understand before. I am a very visual
person I find it hard to understand things without seeing it in a diagram
or some other example. Took me forever to figure out dog gears and
differential gears until I tore apart my first bicycle and rear end; as
soon as I seen it I got it.
This is my relationship defined in QGIS thus far....

When I add an address to the work order I need to write the wo_id of my
work order and my unique_id of my address to my jtbl_cwo table. So when I,
or someone, opens a work order it will show them a list of address
associated to that one work order. Also need to do the same thing with
primary assets, so the form will look something like this in QGIS;

​Of course the unique_id will be referencing a value from the civic_points
"address" but that is that I am trying to accomplish. I did it in
LibreOffice and Access but I would like to consolidate it all into one
database with one interface, i.e. QGIS. That way I can edit features, add
assets, and do most of my daily tasks in one application.
Is there an example of this being done in QGIS anywhere?
Tyler