[Qgis-user] QGIS 2 master: Identify tool and highlights

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Sep 27 23:03:45 PDT 2016

Hi and thank you for testing,

I think I found out what the issue is. My geometries contain circular
arcs (WKB Types CompoundCurve or CurvePolygon). Quite likely, the
highlight does not work with this WKB type.

Using Simple feature geometry types works fine. One more place in QGIS
where Circular Arcs cause troubles ... sigh!

I'll file a bug report.

Andreas

On 2016-09-27 18:16, Tyler Veinot wrote:

> Settings > Options > Map Tools (Left Hand Side Panel) At the top you should see identify and a drop down for highlight color. If this color is set to 100% Transparent then it would work as if there was no highlight. Other than that I see no other way to turn off the highlight so check there; maybe you accidentally made your highlight transparent. To add to that, white would look like there was no highlight on if the background color was also white, its effect is a very light ghosting of the feature when identified; easily missed.
> Tyler
>
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks for checking. Is there some configuration that might disable this highlighting?
>
> I was sure I had this working, but now it doesn't. I checked all my versions I have: 2.14, 2.16, master 2. Neither one works.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2016-09-27 17:43, DelazJ wrote:
>
> Hi, Andreas, I can't confirm (windows 10 and 2.16.3) Features are highlighted when I hover over their id in the context menu.
>
> Regards, Harrissou

> Hi,
>
> I am sure that in a past QGIS 2x version, when the identify tool was set to "layer choice" that one would have gotten a highlight of the selected feature from the context menu.
>
> Now, with the current 2.x master (and with 2.16 and 2.14) on Windows, the highlight of the object is gone ;-( so now there is no way to find out what feature I am selecting. The highlight now only displays after I selected the entry, which is not so useful than the previous behavior.
>
> Can someone confirm? Or is it just a misconfiguration on my side?
>
> Thank you for any hints,
>
> Andreas

Links:
------