[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.16 DB Manager and spatialite view

Enrico Fiore enricofiore at libero.it
Thu Sep 29 07:07:25 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have created a database with spatialite_gui tool, the database has some spatial views created with a code like this

CREATE VIEW comunitorino AS
SELECT c.ROWID as rowid, c.cod_com, c.geometry
from comuni c;

INSERT INTO views_geometry_columns
    (view_name, view_geometry, view_rowid, f_table_name, f_geometry_column,read_only)
  VALUES ('comunitorino', 'geometry', 'rowid', 'comuni', 'geometry',1)

The view can be load in QGIS by 'add spatialite layer' button

The problem is that if I use DB Manager and open the DB the view will not be seen as spatial view.

If I create the view in DB Manger with the "Create a view" button the view will be seen as spatial view.

Where is the mistake?

Thanks

Enrico