[Qgis-user] Qgis connect live with gps receiver

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Thu Apr 6 08:40:41 PDT 2017

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 15:47:47 +0200, "thomas reinfelder"
<thomas-reinfelder at web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> who has experience with qgis in connection with a receiver.
> I want to map a track (live). I have a tablet PC with receiver.
> What do I need for this project (extension, other software
> e.g GPSBabel?)

  Once upon a time, few years ago I gave a try on a GPS bluetooth app
using an Android cellphone.    I was using Linux and I recall that I had
to configure the gpsd deamon.    After bluetooth  connection it was
just a matter to configure the connection in GPS Toos and all worked
without a glitch.

  Never tried again after that.

> Thanks for help,
>

> thomas