[Qgis-user] Unique IDs in a PostGIS view

Árni Geirsson arni at alta.is
Wed Apr 12 02:34:09 PDT 2017

I am trying to create a view that extracts vertices from lines using
ST_DumpPoints and to get unique IDs I have set up a sequence to generate
the numbers using nextval(). The query executes normally in the DB Mananger
and I see the results as a table in the table view. However, when I attempt
to load the results of the view as a layer in QGIS, I get an error:
"Database error: ERROR:  cannot execute nextval() in a read-only
transaction". No features are loaded.
Are there any smart tricks out there to work around this or other means of
generating the IDs?

Árni Geirsson