[Qgis-user] Evaluation of data in two shapefiles

Anke zur Gölden a.goelden at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:50:01 PDT 2017

Hello,

first of all thank you for taking me to the list.

I have the following issue i would like to solve in QGIS.

I have two different vector based layers. Both layers are
nearly similiar and have coordinates, attributes etc. and
based on LineString

In the first layer i would like to select a specific LineString
and in the second layer all the data are compared to the
selected LineString and the results shown in the table.

example:
I select in the layer 1 a LineString element with coordinates
and the attribute „color“ = red.
Now all the LineStrings in the Layer 2 shall be checked if
the same color is set or not and so

I hope my general question is clear so far.

Is that possible in QGIS and if yes how the easiest way to do?

Anke