[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.18.2 on Mac Training Course GRASS r.colors.table exercise doesn't seem to work

Carl Seglem carlseglem at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 15:17:43 PDT 2017

Hello. I'm learning QGIS and working on a Mac with 2.18.2 downloaded from the
KyngChaos QGIS Download Page <http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis>
I'm working through the QGIS Training Course and got to the  GRASS section
12.2.1 Follow Along: Set Raster Colors
<http://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/training_manual/grass/grass_tools.html#basic-fa-set-raster-colors>
exercise.
I follow the steps with these options,
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5318120/Screen_Shot_2017-04-22_at_6.png>
and after running the tool, I see this on the Output tab:
but the dem layer still appears in grayscale, not the greens, yellows and
oranges in the exercise.
Is there something in the training manual that needs to change?
Is there something visible in the options or output screen captures I
attached that I need to change?
Does this exercise work for other people with QGIS 2.18.2 on Mac (or
similar)?
I'll be grateful for any other suggestions for how to use GRASS to recolor,
especially in a way that matches the training manual. Thank you!