[Qgis-user] raster noob orientation

Lukas Winiwarter lukas.winiwarter at geo.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 10 06:41:59 PDT 2017

Dr OM Chuck,

great that you are looking into identifying SOTA peaks with QGIS!

The European Copernicus Program supplies a DTM for Europe, with a
spatial resolution of 12m. This should probably be good enough. You need
to set up an account on their website. Also, take care to observe the
coordinate reference systems, which is EPSG:3035 (ETRS89, LAEA) for the
European data. The data can be downloaded here:

http://land.copernicus.eu/pan-european/satellite-derived-products/eu-dem/eu-dem-v1.1?fieldsetlegend-download=True-selected-@dem-v1-1-e50n20

Good luck and vy 73,

OE1LZW / Lukas