[Qgis-user] Anybody knows how to download OSM Turn Restrictions?

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Aug 31 04:30:56 PDT 2017

Am 31.08.2017 um 07:14 schrieb Clifford Snow:
> Overpass can grab turn restrictions. Read the wiki[1] for information on
> how turn restrictions are tagged.
>
> For example, this query [1] grabs all turn restrictions in my county. Once
> the query has run download a geojson for loading into QGIS
>
> [out:json][timeout:25];
> // fetch area “skagit county” to search in
> {{geocodeArea:skagit county}}->.searchArea;
> // gather results
> (
>    // query part for: “type=restriction and restriction=*”
>
>    relation["type"="restriction"]["restriction"](area.searchArea);
> );
> // print results
> out body;
>> ;
> out skel qt;

I tried QuickOSM with

  relation["type"="restriction"]["restriction"]({{bbox}});> ;out;

which returns the ways with their tags, but not the relation tags.

The geojson result from Overpass turbo works better, but it is still a
lot of coding necessary to get a road sign at the right pace and
orientation from that. Maybe it is easier to use the raw XML format.

Greetings,
André Joost