[Qgis-user] QGIS and MSSQL

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 05:44:38 PST 2017

Hello;
Is there anyway to create new spatial tables in MSSQL from within QGIS or
do I have to make shape files and import them into MSSQL?
I tried using the OSGeo4W shell to import a shapefile into MSSQL but QGIS
crashes when I open it. MSSQL seems to create a bogus SRID for the
geometries, the definition matches the original CRS but it has an ID that
does not exist. Also QGIS does not seem to know what the pk is of the
layer, the table has one it just doesn't show.
Been online looking for solutions but not finding much, not sure if it is
because I am using the wrong terms or if QGIS and MSSQL just isn't used
much together.
Anyway, thoughts, ideas, tools, and tips would be appreciated.
Thanks;
Tyler