[Qgis-user] time-series WCS request uses wrong bbox units

Paul Madden maddenp at colorado.edu
Tue Feb 7 14:30:11 PST 2017

Hi,

I posted a similar question to the geoserver-user list, but have yet to receive a response there. I actually suspect that my problem is related to QGIS (or my use of it), so I'll ask here, too:

I have a time-series raster layer published in GeoServer via its ImageMosaic feature. When I disable the Time dimension in GeoServer, and make a WCS query against this layer in QGIS, I see that the bbox parameter supplied by QGIS is in meter units, which is correct for the layer. I receive coverage data that displays nicely in QGIS.

However, when I enable the Time dimension in GeoServer, QGIS makes WCS requests with lat/lon bbox parameters, which is incorrect.

So, I would like to know how QGIS determines the units of the layer extent, and why enabling Time in GeoServer results in incorrect WCS requests being made.

I should note that I can make successful WCS queries against this layer with curl, even when the Time dimension is enabled. Of course, I am manually specifying valid bbox coordinates in meters.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this. I have most recently tested with QGIS 2.18.3.

paul