[Qgis-user] How to 'difference' in existing layer

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Feb 13 23:16:36 PST 2017

Hi Lene,

try the DigitizingTools plugin [1]. The function that does just what you
want is "Cut with polygon from another layer".
Be aware that this tool is intended for use during digitizing: you can
decide which features of layer A to cut and which features of layer B to
use for cutting by making selections. It is possible to cut all features
of layer A with all features of layer B, though.

Bernhard

[1] http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/DigitizingTools/