[Qgis-user] WMS via https - "SSL handshake failed"

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:11:50 PST 2017

Hi John

as far as I understand, you only added server CA in qgis auth
configuration, and it's not enough to be authenticated by a fully SSL
featured server, you need a client certificate identity that could be
authorized by the server. Some identity that the server can trust. You
have to add an identity certificate as in the guide:
https://docs.qgis.org/2.14/en/docs/user_manual/auth_system/auth_overview.html#authentication-methods.

You only added a server CA that is useful in case you need to have a
client side certification of the server to avoid Man-In-the-Middle
attacks.

BTW, with your server you don't need to be authenticated as you can
see in the attached link. Just add a WMS service!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12837459/Screenshot%20from%202017-01-03%2023-05-00.png

Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition