[Qgis-user] New mailing list for QGIS Web Client 2 (QWC2)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jan 13 12:16:18 PST 2017

Hi Andreas,

The names have finally been changed (removed "Quantum").  The new link
to the QGIS Nabble forum to use is:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-f4099105.html

Or for QGIS-users:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

QGIS-dev: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html

You'll notice that the "Quantum" was removed on the pages and also
inside the links.  And, magically, the old links still work and are
redirected (see
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Quantum-GIS-Developer-f4099106.html).

I think it is OK. Again, please, please if you have
comments/ideas/changes definitely speak up inside that ticket
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1842

Thanks, and have a nice weekend,

-jeff

On 2017-01-13 11:10 AM, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> While you are at it: could we also rename "QuantumGIS" --> "QGIS" on
> this page?
>
> I will add a note about the search interface to our mailinglist page. I
> think this will help some users.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2017-01-13 15:48, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>
>> Hi Harrissou,
>>
>> Good catch, I'll request that QGIS-Translations also be added.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2017-01-13 10:18 AM, DelazJ wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Jeff, actually not all QGIS lists are available in Nabble. We miss
>>> QGIS-Translations (see
>>> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Qgis-community-team-QGIS-Translations-listnot-available-in-Nabble-tt5301305.html)
>>> Any way to make it available?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Harrissou

>>> <mailto:jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
>>> <mailto:jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>>>:
>>>
>>>     Also a reminder that all of these QGIS mailing lists can be easily
>>>     searched through Nabble (one single search will hit all lists at
>>>     once, very nicely):
>>>     http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Quantum-GIS-f4099105.html
>>>     <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Quantum-GIS-f4099105.html>
>>>
>>>     -jeff
>>>

>>>     On 2017-01-13 7:57 AM, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
>>>
>>>         Hi all,
>>>
>>>         QGIS Web Client 2 (QWC2) is the second generation QGIS web
>>>         client and is
>>>         now in late alpha/early beta stage. This second version uses modern
>>>         libraries (OpenLayers3, React, nodejs) and is fully responsive.
>>>         You can
>>>         use the same version for traditional desktop web clients and touch
>>>         devices (phones/tablets). The initial version was developed from
>>>         Sourcepole, but now is open to everyone for contributions. QWC2
>>>         is based
>>>         on the Mapstore2 project from GeoSolutions.
>>>
>>>         There is a new mailing list about QWC2 at
>>>         https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-qwc2
>>>
>>>         - get help for initial setup
>>>
>>>         - discuss issues and further development of QWC2
>>>
>>>         You can find the QWC2 repo at
>>>         https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app
>>>         <https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app> with
>>>         instructions about installation. Feel free to come up with pull
>>>         requests
>>>         about further installation hints, should you find some improvements.
>>>
>>>         If you have bug and feature requests, please create a new issue
>>>         at https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app/issues
>>>         <https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app/issues>
>>>
>>>         The reason why we split this mailing list from the regular QGIS-user
>>>         mailing list, is that discussions will at time be quite
>>>         technical and
>>>         web-centric, with server setup, Apache, javascript, etc. - not
>>>         the usual
>>>         stuff of the QGIS Desktop mailing list.
>>>
>>>         With tomorrows website update, the list info should also appear
> [...]

Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/