[Qgis-user] Authenticated data layers - WFS / WMS differences

Chris Buckmaster chris.buckmaster at runnymede.gov.uk
Thu Jun 1 02:13:35 PDT 2017

Hi

I have PostGIS and raster layers which are served via GeoServer 2.11 - they have a mixture of data authentication options with different user names and passwords using the GeoServer security options.

When adding WFS services in QGIS 2.18.9, the layers perform correctly, with only those accessible via certain roles / users displaying within the layer list when using the relevant username / password.

When trying to access restricted WMS / WMTS layers, I have noticed that all layers are appearing, even those that shouldn't be accessible via the user authentication I am using (and I seem to be able to add these to QGIS).

Are these differences to be expected between accessing WFS and WMS / WMTS services? Ideally I would only like to be able to see the data I have access to in QGIS - I am not sure if this is a QGIS or GeoServer question.

Thanks, Chris