[Qgis-user] Processing questions/suggestions

johnrobot johnrobot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 13:14:39 PST 2017

Hi
I have used other tools for ETL tasks for many years and I would like to see
how much of that can be done in QGIS processing instead. I have done some
tests and I have a few questions on processing models:

- Is it possible to filter features based on attribute values? For example,
filter all features with an attribute value > 5.

- I tried to find a way to rename attribute names. After some googling I
found the tool "Refactor fields". I think that this tool should appear in
the list when a user searches for "rename".

- Is it possible to attach comments to the objects in the model? I would
like to attach comments to some objects, such as explaining why a specific
tool is used. I noticed that adding comments is possible in the model help,
but it would be even better to attach these comments to each tool.

- I noticed that undo/redo doesn´t seem to work for moving/rearranging
objects. Wouldn´t that be helpful?

- I expect some models to grow rather complex and I would like to arrange
groups of tools in boxes to make it easier to understand the model for new
users. That is currently not possible, right?

- I would like the model to display the number of features going through the
model, preferably in the real time as the model is running. This would help
the user understand the data and handle errors better.

- Why does the user have to define the tool input inside the tool? I think
it would be easier if this was possible in the model window instead.

- When I double click a model in the processing toolbox, the window for
running the model opens. I would prefer if the model window opens instead.
Is there a way of configuring this?

Should I open tickets for any of these ideas?

Best regards,

Magnus