[Qgis-user] Question on Spatialite

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Mar 1 14:39:08 PST 2017

Just out of curiosity:
Maybe you could try it once with sqlite instead of SpaliaLite and see if
there is a difference (If you have some spare 20 minutes ;) ). So you
could maybe sort out if its really a SpatiaLite problem or that general
OGR problem Nyall pointed to.

Cheers
Bernd

Am 01.03.2017, 23:33 Uhr, schrieb Randal Hale
<rjhale at northrivergeographic.com>:

> Attribute! Used Field Calculator to split an attribute to get the
> zipcode into a standalone column. I then hit save and watched the fun.
>
> And yes that seems to be it. Good, I'm not crazy (on this issue).
>
> Randy
>

> On 03/01/2017 05:23 PM, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>> On 2 March 2017 at 08:08, Randal Hale <rjhale at northrivergeographic.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm using 2.18.4
>>>
>>> I'm working with Address point data. My typical process is to import
>>> the
>>> data into PostGIS/Postgresql and work with it. I decided to work with
>>> spatialite and do some data cleanup.
>>>
>>> I have 222519 points. I made a change to all of them and hit save.
>> What change did you make? Attribute or geometry? How was this change
>> made?
>>
>> It possibly relates to this ongoing work:
>> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4175
>>

>> Nyall
>>
>>> So for
>>> the next 20 minutes I watched a very small journal file appear and
>>> disappear
>>> and QGIS just locked up until it was done. QGIS returned to normal and
>>> I'm
>>> working along again.
>>>
>>> So my question is - Can I avoid this happening easily or is this just a
>>> "it's what happens with spatialite" problem? Am I missing a setting
>>> somewhere?
>>>
>>> Randy
>>>

>>> --
>>> Randal Hale