[Qgis-user] Problem with georeferencer window

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Mar 3 07:19:15 PST 2017

On 03-03-17 16:10, Sarah Gregg wrote:
> Hello everybody. I have a visualisation problem with the georeferencer
> window that I just don't seem to be able to resolve. Some time ago, I
> used the georeferencer on a second monitor. Now I no longer have that
> second monitor, but when I try and open the georeferencer, it still
> tries to open on the second monitor, so remains invisible. Is there some
> way I can reset this? I'm using QGIS 2.1.8.4 on Windows 8.1. Thanks for
> your advice, Sarah.

Hi Sarah,

QGIS (or actually Qt) 'remembers' the placing of the windows by writing
them to the so called QSettings.
We have seen people closing/removing panels and not being able to find
them anymore.
So (hoping that we are talking about QGIS 2.18.4 and not the ancient
2.1.8.4...) There is an setting in:

Options/System named 'QSettings'

It says 'Reset user inteface to default settings' and requires you to
restart QGIS.

Hope this helps else let us know.

Regards,

Richard

ps for the (linux?) record: you could also start QGIS from commandline
with the
--defaultui option: "qgis --defaultui"