[Qgis-user] Limit to Geodatabase File Size?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Mar 8 10:05:12 PST 2017

On mercredi 8 mars 2017 12:46:54 CET Parker, Jonathon wrote:
> Even,
>
> Thanks for the quick turn around.  How do I get the bug fix?  Do I download
> and install 2.18.4 or is there an easier way to get the bug fix?

You'll need to wait for the fix to land in an official GDAL release, so not immediately.

Or you can use the today's gdal-dev daily build from OSGeo4W that must have the fix, but you'll
need to convert the file to something else before with ogr2ogr
For example:
ogr2ogr -f GPKG tlgdb_2016_a_us_edges.gpkg tlgdb_2016_a_us_edges.gdb -lco SPATIAL_INDEX=NO

The SPATIAL_INDEX=NO option is due to my experimentation. There's a strong performance issue
when creating a SQLite spatial index on such a big table. Which is a bit sad given that it would
be the most useful in that situation...

http://www.spatialys.com