[Qgis-user] Export label styles

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Mar 9 01:41:00 PST 2017

Hi Maven,

There is QGIS server - which deploys the map exactly as it looks like in
QGIS Desktop.

In a perfect world, one could also deploy to other servers, but the
symbology engines of QGIS Desktop and Geoservers are different. And up
to now, QGIS does a bad job exporting the symbology and label settings
to SLD (required by Geoserver). However, it is up for the users who want
to use both projects together, to come up with time or funding to solve
this issue.

A feature request is not enough to get this solved - even when the
feature request is quite old.

The QGIS devs are buried with feature requests - and usually the devs
like to have bread and butter for their breakfasts - so naturally the
improvements that are paid get priority.

Andreas