[Qgis-user] Different symbols for different points

Cristiano M. cristianomaggioni at libero.it
Wed May 3 06:55:50 PDT 2017

Dear QGIS Community,
I’m a QGIS beginner user. I apologize for the superficial question but I’m doing a work and I ask you support. I have a QGIS file with more layers where each layer, downloaded from web, contains more information (streets, buildings, satellite photo, etc.). Now I would add a new empty layer to include my personal points such as police stations, emergency points, etc.) and I would to know if it’s possible to use a symbol (circle, star, etc.) to define each point because my goal is to define and to have a Visually differention in a layer for all my personal points witout to use table field value. Is it possible to do this? I didn't find this feature...Any answer is more appreciate.
Thank you a lot,
Cristiano