[Qgis-user] Split features tool behavior

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Wed May 31 01:53:10 PDT 2017

Andreas,
when loading your shape file into a new project the project is set to
EPSG:4326 because your data are in EPSG:4326
Your screenshots indicate that you are working in another projection. In
EPSG:4326 split parts works flawlessly, when I use a projection I get
the invalid geometries error.
In my experience you should edit geometries in a project matching the
projection of the data, although editing projected geometries is not
prohibited by QGIS.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 15505 (20170531) __________

http://www.eset.com