[Qgis-user] Snapping: Move Features vs Node Tool

Martin Bain Martin.Bain at lismore.nsw.gov.au
Wed May 31 16:20:59 PDT 2017

Hi Randy,

I've come to accept that's just the way it is.  It would be nice if the move tool did snapping.  I guess it might be tricky to implement - with the node tool the cursor position and node being moved are one and the same, but with the move tool that’s not always the case.

As an aside are you using the wonderful CAD Node Tool plugin, https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/69 ?  The built node tool became quite sluggish for me after QGIS 2.8 for some reason.  The plugin is much more fluid and the best thing is it does topological editing across layers.  Its not perfect though - you can't select a sequence of nodes and move them at the same time.

Cheers,
Martin.