[Qgis-user] geocoding with own locator based on points

Sandra Machalica sandra.machalica at fh-muenster.de
Wed Sep 6 02:10:13 PDT 2017

Dear list,

we have to geocode a large number of addresses and would like to do this
with qigs now. Until now we used esri and created our own locator
(point-layer, refers to real estate data, ALKIS Liegenschaftsdaten in
Germany).

So I was looking for a qgis-plugin  and found „geocode“ and „mmqgis“,
which seems to be nice for addresses based on street layers (lines) or
openstreetmap. Unfortunately our administration requests the official
data for the project (ALKIS). In addition I found some other tools
related to different countries or regions (Netherlands, Poland,
Russia…), but not Germany.

My question: does anybody knows, if there exists a
geocoding-tool/plugin, in which we can use our locator (point-layer and
official ALKIS-data)? Has anyone experiences with this actually?

We use QGIS-Version 2.14-17-Essen.

I hope it is understandable, I'm not really familiar with this
geocding-stuff yet. :-/

Best Regards

Sandra