[Qgis-user] QGIS 3

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Sep 9 04:28:18 PDT 2017

On 09-09-17 13:10, Velizar Strumberger wrote:
> Question. There is an option to download QGIS 3 (or 2.00) from GEOGEEK.
> I am rather suspicious because it is not from the official QGIS site.

I think you are referring to this:

https://geogeek.xyz/ ?

Mmm, but if you follow the links you end up here:

http://qgis.org/downloads/weekly/?C=M;O=D

Which are actually our own weekly 2.99/upcoming3 builds :-)

Same with all the downloads, they all go to our official sites...

And for what I know you are free to compile QGIS and create packages and
make the available on the net..
But besides this: it is always the choice of the user to download stuff
from the internet, and if you feel scary: just download from/via
qgis.org :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde