[Qgis-user] Exporting Raster layer to text file

David Reid davidreid6363 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 18:58:44 PDT 2017

Thanks Matt + other respondents to my question.

I should have been more specific  -  The raster image/data I am trying to export is a DEM which I would like to transfer to a 3D modelling system.

Using the raster/conversion/translate menu I have managed to get most of the way, using the ASCII gridded XYZ format output.  This produces a text file with XY coordinates and the elevation Z.

BUT I would like the X and Y in planar grid coordinates (metres).  I have selected a plane grid projection as the “target SRS”  but it still produces X and Y as lat/long coordinates.

Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

David Reid