[Qgis-user] Working with geopackages in Qgis

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 02:47:52 PDT 2017

Hi,

The following features are now implemented in QGIS3:

- browse geopackage contents from the browser
- drag and drop layers from any vector and raster layer source into a
geopackage from the browser
- save/store geopackage connections in the browser
- connections can also be created/removed from a contextual menu
(right-click) from the filesystem browser items and are synchronized with
DB-manager)
- deletion of vectors and raster layers from an existing geopackage
- synchronization from the DB-manager to the browser (the other way is not
currently implemented)

I probably forget some other minor improvements.

All this development is rather recent and any help with testing would be
much appreciated.

Please keep in mind that you need at least GDAL 2.2.2 to overcome some bugs
on Windows, Linux works fine with 2.2.1.

Many thanks to Boundless Spatial Inc. for funding this development and to
Even Roualt and Nyall Dawson for all the assistance they gave me during the
development.

Cheers

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it