[Qgis-user] Converting a paleted TIF to an ASC (or series of ASC files)

Steve Research stevesteveresearch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 01:28:49 PDT 2018

I have a habitat file from the European Environment Agency with the
following classes:

1 115 178 255  A - Marine habitats
2 255 211 127  B - Coastal habitats
3 0 112 255    C - Inland surface waters
4 223 115 255  D - Mires, bogs and fens
5 85 255 0     E - Grasslands and land dominated by forbs, mosses or lichens
6 255 170 0    F - Heathland, scrub and tundra
7 38 115 0     G - Woodland, forest and other wooded land
8 178 178 178  H - Inland unvegetated or sparsely vegetated habitats
9 255 255 0    I - Regularly or recently cultivated, hortocultural and
domestic habitats
10 255 0 0     J - Constructed, industrial and other artificial habitats

I cannot get this to convert to a ASC using the Raster Convert options. It
gives errors refering to RGB and prompts me to create a GEN file .

Any assistance gratefully received!
Cheers,
Steve