[Qgis-user] Help in Field Calculator

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Apr 4 06:52:22 PDT 2018

Hi Daniel,

One alternative way to do this, without field calculator, is to use the
"Processing Toolbox" (see menu processing) and use the "Count opints in
polygon (weighted)" algorithm. This should do what you want, but the
downside to this approach is that you end up with a new layer.

If you want to use the field calculator (without creating a new layer)
you will have to look at aggregates and spatial relationship functions.
I am not 100% sure if this would work - I currently don't have the time
to test it - but might be worth a try.

Good luck!

Andreas