[Qgis-user] How identify individual stacked raster bands in a multi-band raster

Abdelghani Souirji ghanisen.g at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 04:18:30 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm using QGIS v2.18.17.

When I stack separate satellite image bands in a single multi-band
image, the bands numbering changes thus making it difficult to recognize
which layer corresponds to which original band.

I have tried to carry out this identification by comparing the metadata
of the original bands and that of the stacked ones but this has proved
to be unreliable as there are obviously some important changes.

Is there a way to identify which of the staked layers corresponds to
which original separate band?

Best,

Ghanisen