[Qgis-user] qgis,bat starts with 2.18 instead 3.0

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Apr 6 08:40:44 PDT 2018

Am 06.04.18 um 11:51 schrieb Patrick Dunford:
> If you expect to double click a project file and Qgis opens, then only
> one version of Qgis can be registered for .qgs file extension at a time.

True, but you can switch that at any time:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/273742/set-qgis-2-18-as-default-on-win-with-both-2-18-and-3-0/273764#273764

You can create links to the variuos .reg files on your desktop and
switch to 3.0 and back with one click.

> I am sure this is the same on most OSs.

On Linux, you can't even install several versions in the same OS
(without using a virtual box guest system).

HTH,
Andre Joost