[Qgis-user] Issue editing nodes on a PostGIS table via QGIS

Thomas WILLIAMSON t-williamson at eauxdevienne.fr
Wed Apr 25 04:48:51 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I load a PostGIS table via QGIS DB Manager tool . The table geometry is
"MultiPolygon" and SRID is 3947. The project SRID is 3947 without OTF
option. I can toggle both "Toggle editing" and "Node tool" buttons. When I
click on map canvas in order to move nodes, I get the following message:
"Could not snap to a feature in the current layer". And nodes cannot be
modified at all.

The Log Messages Panel shows:

Fetching from cursor qgis_3 failed
Database error: ERROR:  Operation on mixed SRID geometries
Query: CLOSE qgis_3 returned 7 [ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block]
1 cursor states lost.
SQL: CLOSE qgis_3
Result: 7 (ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until
end of transaction block)

I can update attributes values and move features on the table. The issue
seems to be on editing nodes only.

After having read several posts about editing a PostGIS table from QGIS,
I've tried the followings without success:

 - Connection parameters to DB using postgres default user or other user
 - PostGIS table has both a primary key and an index on the geometry column
 - Function `ST_IsValid()` returns only TRUE values (no invalid geometries)
 - I can't connect directly via the "Add PostGIS layers" button's dialog
for the DB is too big (over 50 schemas) and displaying the content is very
long... Thus I use DB Manager instead
 - Settings > Options > Digitizing: tried different tolerance values both
in map units and pixels. Also tried to set "To vertex" or "To vertex and
segments"
 - Settings > Snapping options: same tests
 - Checked SRID either for table and QGIS project which are exactly the
same...

This question has been posted on GIS Stack Exchange without any satisfying
answer (see here : https://gis.stackexchange.com/q/280745/22693).

What could I be missing?

Thomas

--

Specs : PostgreSQL 9.4.17 - PostGIS 2.1.8 - QGIS 2.18.19 LTR