[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 Layer Groups and Themes

afi - Steffen Flörke-Sowa sfloerke at afi-akustik.de
Wed Dec 12 01:29:49 PST 2018

Hello,
I'm using QGIS 3.4.2. I'm working many times with themes and groups.
Im seein an un unexpected behaviour:
I have my layers structured in a group with two subgroups. All Layers in the subgroups are checked, also the main group. I would create two themes: one with subgroup 1 active, one with subgroup2 active. So I unchecked the visibility of subgroup2 and clicked "add theme" theme1. I did the same for theme2 with subgroup1. When I changed to theme1 or theme2, I got the following result:
The visibility of both subgroups were checked, but the visibilities of the layers in the subgroups were unchecked. For theme1 the visibilities of the layers in subgroup2 and for  theme2 the visibilities of the layers in subgroup 1 were unchecked. So the map was ok, but the checking of the visibilities in the layer panel was irritating and unexpected.  I would like to know if this behaviour is intended or not.

Greetings

Steffen Flörke-Sowa