[Qgis-user] QGIS SERVER 3.4.2 - download WFS GetFeature result as Shapefile

umbertofilippo umbertofilippo at tiscali.it
Thu Dec 13 05:30:30 PST 2018

Hello All,

I am trying to find a way to download the features from a WFS coming from a
QGIS SERVER I own as Shapefile format.

The Capabilities are these:
https://www.wondermap.it/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?&map=/home/ubuntu/qgis/projects/Demo_sci_WMS/demo_sci.qgs&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities.

>From those, I can see the "outputFormat" of the "GetFeature" request looks
like this:

<ows:Parameter name="outputFormat"><ows:Value>text/xml;
subtype=gml/2.1.2</ows:Value><ows:Value>text/xml;
subtype=gml/3.1.1</ows:Value><ows:Value>application/vnd.geo+json</ows:Value></ows:Parameter>

, so I guess I cannot do something like "&outputFormat=Shapefile".
Is there a way I can retrieve my data as Shapefile (most likely downloading
it as a zipped file)? Is it possible to do it somewhere in the server
configurations, or should I implement it myself?

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Umberto