[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 still very slow to work in Windows 10

David Addy davesgrandad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 00:48:50 PST 2018

Hi Nyall,
Thanks for your additional comment.
When I was autoloading my most recent project at startup QGIS was taking up
to a minute to open itself and load the project. Other saves and actions
like opening a layer attribute table were also very slow.
After changing my settings to open with a new project (ie a blank project)
QGIS was opening as normal. Then loading the old project also was as fast as
it should be.
However, after editing some polygons,  when I come to save the changes I am
still getting a long pause when nothing happens, then I get "QGIS is not
responding",  then it comes back to life again and finishes the save.
So changing the setting vastly improved startup, but seems to have not
solved the whole problem.