[Qgis-user] [Qgis-psc] Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:01:36 PST 2018

On 7 February 2018 at 01:16, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
> On a personal note I would like to share that I will be standing down from the Board and PSC at the end of my tenure as chair

Tim -

It's with much sadness that I read this, but I can also totally
understand your decision in doing so. Under your leadership the QGIS
project has grown and gone from strength to strength, and I believe
that a HUGE part of this is directly due to your guidance of the
project. You've been everything we could possibly dream of in a chair.

I'd also like to say that I've found your welcoming attitude a great
inspiration. Just watching you at hackfests I've seen endless
occasions of how you always give everyone time and attention, how you
actively seek out new members of the community and take time to learn
their stories, and how courteous and respectful you are of everyone's
opinions.

The whole open-source software ecosystem would be a much better place
if we had more people like you in leadership!

Nyall