[Qgis-user] Problems to create new columns through two tables

Frank Broniewski hallo at frankbroniewski.com
Tue Feb 20 12:58:39 PST 2018

Hey  Daniel,

did you have a look at virtual layers [1]? They allow you to reference as many layers and tables as you wish and perform some SQL on them to create a new layer. In addition, if you define a proper relation [2] between your layers you can use the aggregate_* [3] functions in the field calculator to get to your desired result.

HTH Frank

[1] https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/virtual_layers.html
[2] https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/attribute_table.html?highlight=relation#creating-one-or-many-to-many-relations
[3] https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/expression.html?highlight=aggregates#aggregates-functions