[Qgis-user] ctrl-c selection issue

Jeroen Hovens mail at groenebij.nl
Wed Jan 10 03:26:42 PST 2018

At the moment I make the selection using the Select by expression tool. I then choose one of the  Gem2017 values (each object is an address, and has one of 388 unique Gem217 values). I want to select all objects bwith one unique Gem2017 value.
Making the selection is no problem, I can make any selection I want. Making the selection usually takes less then a minute.
The problem is in copying specific selections to the clipboard or saving a selection as a new file. Copying a selection of about 20.000 objects from the 7,5 mln takes about a second. Unless the issue arises, then the copy process takes forever

I have no experience with Postgis or using databases. I tried saving the csv file as a sqlite, but then had no idea how to re-open that file. The dialogbox got me all confused ☹